This package includes a customized firmware developed by Padavan that is targeted at some of ASUS’ routers. The present build brings new improvements, functions, bug fixes, and configurations, and can also boost the overall performance of the device.
- After the first upgrade from official firmware, all settings will be erased. Do not load settings (CFG file) from official firmware!!!
- After upgrade from any official ASUS firmware, WAN MAC address for RT-N14U/N11P is dynamically changed (not permanent) in last octet. Please check MAC binding from your ISP.
- If your current custom firmware version is N56U 184.108.40.206-006 or lower, it is absolutely necessary to save your settings to a .CFG file using WebGUI BEFORE upgrading to a newer version. After the upgrade, restore your settings from the saved .CFG file in a usual way.
WARNING – Features are NO LONGER AVAILABLE:
- WPS/WSC (completely disabled due to the serious security hole).
- ASUS Download Master is no longer supported. It was replaced by Transmission.
After upgrade to 3.X.3.8-085 (and higher) from any previous builds, please:
- Clear browser cache to properly render WebUI pages.
- Sync OpenVPN client and server settings with new controls.
- Update region time zone (for Russia only).
- Remember that the manual NVRAM reset is not required.
After manual NVRAM reset:
- Both Wireless AP security is WPA2-Personal with pre-shared key 1234567890 by default.
- HTTP and Telnet/SSH login:password is admin:admin by default.
- Fixed MT7620 rev.0203 issues.
- Updated kernel-3.4.x to 3.4.107, more upstream fixes.
- Updated busybox to 1.23.2+.
- Updated OpenSSL to v1.0.1m.
- Updated dropbear SSH to 2015.67.
- Updated dnsmasq from upcoming 2.73 branch (critical upstream fixes).
- Updated miniupnpd to 1.9.20150430.
- Updated INADYN to v1.99.13+, added support new DDNS services.
- Updated usb-modeswitch to 2.2.1, updated usb-modeswitch-data up to 2015-01-15.
- Wireless: fixed episodic drop Wireless AP to 20MHz bw (now ignore 40MHz intolerant bit from buggy clients).
- PPPoE kernel-mode: immediately close PPPoE socket on PADT received.
- DHCPv4 client: use RFC2132-compliant T2 expired timer (7/8 lease time).
- Networkmap: allow passive scan LAN with any subnet size, active scan is limited to /24 subnet.
- WebUI: ability to direct set DHCP/ZeroConf/Static rule on VLAN CPU (IPTV) path.
- WebUI: ability to set Source IP on Port Forwarding rules.
- WebUI: ability to edit custom DNS servers list (dnsmasq --servers-file).
- WebUI: ability to edit custom script for WPS/Wi-Fi buttons events.
- WebUI: ability to restore Storage from backup file.
- WebUI: ability to sort DHCP excludes list.
- WebUI: added support cross-midnight time on URL filter, MAC filter, LAN-WAN filter.
- WebUI: added source MAC (included/excluded) to URL filter.
- WebUI: LAN-WAN filter changed to Network Services filter, added support block any protocol.
- WebUI: drop redundant VPN passthrough rules (use Network Services filter to block any services).
- WebUI: show Ethernet ports Flow Control and EEE status.
- WebUI: optimized WebUI CPU/MEM/Traffic Highcharts redraw.
- WebUI: fixed issues under Firefox 38.x.x.
- Ethernet switch: allow VLAN ID #2 for tagged WAN traffic.
- Ethernet switch: allow to disable any EPHY ports.
- Ethernet switch: improved HW IGMP/MLD snooping, added IGMP static port control in AP mode.
- Ethernet switch: fixed broken IPTV in AP mode on MT7620-based devices.
- Ethernet driver: fixed TX ring full if HW_NAT Wireless acceleration enabled.
- HW_NAT: fixed corrupted FoE 80b entries if MT7620/MT7621 IPv6 acceleration enabled.
- Linux netfilter: implement RFC 1123 for FTP conntrack module.
- Linux netfilter: xt_time: added support to ignore day transition (--contiguous).
- Linux netfilter: SIP conntrack: added support Cisco 7941/7945 IP phones.
- Fixed restart SMB server issue.
- Fixed httpd server segfault on malformed requests.
- Fixed WPS/Wi-Fi buttons event handler, limiting short-press detection pulse to 500ms.
Full build Description:
- [x] Linux kernel-3.4.105+ (with upstream backports).
- [x] IPv6 full support (native and SIT tunnels).
- [x] NTFS filesystem (Paragon ufsd 8.6 for ASUS).
- [x] FAT16/FAT32/exFAT filesystem.
- [x] EXT4/EXT3/EXT2 filesystem (EXT3/EXT2 via EXT4 driver).
- [x] FUSE kernel modules.
- [x] UVC camera kernel modules.
- [x] NFS kernel modules (NFSv2/3 client/server).
- [x] CIFS client kernel modules.
- [x] IPSET kernel modules.
- [x] LPR printing daemon.
- [x] USB-over-Ethernet printing daemon.
- [x] dropbear (SSH client/server).
- [x] sftp (SSH FTP server).
- [x] vsftpd (FTP server).
- [x] samba (SMB server).
- [x] xupnpd (multicast IPTV->UPnP proxy).
- [x] openvpn (security VPN client/server).
- [x] https server for WebUI.
- [+] minidlna (UPnP/DLNA A/V mediaserver).
- [+] firefly (iTunes audio mediaserver).
- [+] aria2 (multi-protocol download manager).
- [+] transmission (torrent client).
- [+] transmission web control (advanced WebUI for transmission).
- [+] openssl binary (allow generate certificates for openvpn/https).
- [+] tcpdump utility.
- [+] parted utility.
- [-] QoS kernel modules.
- [-] IFB/IMQ kernel modules.
- [-] USB HID kernel modules.
- [-] XFS filesystem.
- [-] openssh (BSD SSH client/server).
- [x] > Mandatory
- [+] > Included
- [-] > Excluded
About Router Firmware:
Before you consider downloading this firmware, go to the system information page of the router and make sure that the currently installed version isn’t either newer or matching this release.
Due to the large variety of router models and different methods for upgrading the device, it is highly recommended that you read and, above all, understand the installation steps before you apply the new firmware, even if you are a power user.
In theory, these steps shouldn’t be much of a hassle for anyone, because manufacturers try to make them as easy as possible, even if they don’t always succeed. Basically, you must upload the new firmware to the router through its administration page and allow it to upgrade.
If you install a new version, you can expect increased security levels, different vulnerability issues to be resolved, improved overall performance and transfer speeds, enhanced compatibility with other devices, added support for newly developed technologies, as well as several other changes.
If you’re looking for certain safety measures, remember that it would be best if you perform the upload using an Ethernet cable rather than a wireless connection, which can be interrupted easily. Also, make sure you don’t power off the router or use its buttons during the installation, if you wish avoid any malfunctions.
If this firmware meets your current needs, get the desired version and apply it to your router unit; if not, check with our website as often as possible so that you don’t miss the update that will improve your device.
|Edimax BR-6478AC Router Firmware|
AC1200 Multi-Function Concurrent Dual-Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router- Next generation 802.11ac Wi-Fi standard- 3-in-1 Router, Access Point and Range Extender- Backward compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n standards- Concurrent dual-band wireless connectivity for 2.4GH
|NETGEAR R6050 Router Firmware|
Bug Fixes - Fixed SOAP security issue About Router Firmware: Before you consider downloading this firmware, go to the system information page of the router and make sure that the currently installed version isn’t either newer or matching this re
|Edimax WAP1750 Access Point Firmware|
AC1750 Long Range Wall-Mount Dual-Band Access Point, Supports Gigabit Ports, PoE PD and PSE features- 802.11AC Dual-Band High Speed- Easy Installation- Designed for High Density Usage- Multiple SSIDs for Security Management- Fast Roaming- Wide Coverage & H
|NETGEAR WNR2000v4 Router Firmware 220.127.116.11|
Bug Fixes - Fixed SOAP security issue About Router Firmware:Before you consider downloading this firmware, go to the system information page of the router and make sure that the currently installed version isn’t either newer or matching this release.
|ZyXEL ZyWALL USG 2000 Security Gateway Firmware|
Fixes: - Add SNMP VPN status and connection counter MIBs. - Default turn off SSLv3 Support in Built-in Service. Using CLI “ip http secure-server sslv3” to turn on it. - Update the bash binary to fix BASH Vulnerability issue, CVE-2014-6271 (orig
|TP-Link TL-WR842ND v2 Router Firmware|
New Features/Enhancement:- Added the support of TP-LINK Tether v2.0;- Added the sip alg;- Added a new login domain “tplinkwifi.net” for we b-based management and "tplinklogin.net" is still available;- Improved wireless function and maximum of w
|ZyXEL XS1920-12 Switch Firmware|
This package contains the files needed for installing the ZyXEL XS1920-12 Switch Firmware. If it has been installed, updating (overwrite-installing) may fix problems, add new functions, or expand existing ones. Even though other OSes might be compatible as
|TP-Link TL-WA901ND V1 Access Point Firmware|
450Mbps Wireless N Access Point- 450Mbps wireless transmission rate, brings smooth wireless N experience- Supports multiple operating modes: Access Point, Client, Universal/ WDS Repeater, Wireless Bridge- Easily setup a WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK encrypted secure co
|TP-Link TD-W8950N V1 Router Firmware|
150Mbps Wireless N ADSL2+ Modem Router- All-in-One Device: ADSL2+ Modem, NAT Router, 4- Port Switch and Wireless N Access Point- Wireless N speed up to 150Mbps, great for online gaming, Internet call and video streaming- Ethernet WAN (EWAN) offers another
|Conceptronic C300BRS4A Router Firmware|