Added and Modified Features:
- Improved recognition accuracy when connecting USB drives.
- Modified to deal with Samba programming vulnerabilities (CVE-2014-0178 and CVE-2015-0240)
- Fixed a bug where a backup job could not be added if the backup target folder contains full-width spaces in its name.
- Fixed a bug where a shared folder, user, or group could not be created if its name contains specific symbols.
- Fixed a bug where an invalid default gateway is configured when changing the IP address on NAS Navigator2.
- Please consult technical support or your local representative if the firmware update causes unexpected problems.
- Do not turn the unit off until the update is finished. The update takes several minutes.
How to Update the Firmware:
- Connect the LinkStation properly and configure the LinkStation and a computer to run the updater on the same network subnet. The subnet masks should be the same and the first three numbers of the IP addresses should be the same. The last number of the IP addresses should be different.
- Close all applications. Also, stop or exit any firewall software.
- Extract the downloaded file and run "LSUpdater.exe". When a LinkStation is detected, an update window will open.
- Select the LinkStation to update if multiple LinkStation are connected.
- Click "Update" and enter the LinkStation's admin password.
- Click "OK".
- Transferring and updating the firmware will start. Wait until it finishes. The info LED will blink during the update.
- When the update is complete, a message will be displayed.
About Network-Attached Storage Updates:
Upgrading the Network-Attached Storage (NAS) firmware can improve the system’s overall performance, stability, and security by adding various fixes for related issues, enhancing existing features (or adding support for new ones), or updating different applications.
Due to the high number of NAS manufacturers, as well as network storage types, installing a new firmware might not be always as easy as it appears – and not too safe either. Failing to perform a software update can cause serious malfunctions to the network storage.
So, before you even consider applying this release, carefully read the installation guide and initiate the process only when you have understood and completely familiarized yourself with all the steps.
Moreover, it would be best if you take into account using a UPS unit (Uninterruptible Power Supply) to perform this task, because no power disruption should affect the upgrade.
With all these aspects in mind, after you have read the installation guide, click the download button to apply this firmware version to your NAS. Remember to check back with our website in order to stay up to speed with the latest releases.