- Write down all the settings which you changed from the default values, since you may need to reenter them manually
- Download and extract the new firmware to a convenient place such as your desktop.
- Log in to the router using a Web browser.
- Click ADVANCED tab > Administration > Firmware Upgrade.
- Click Browse and find the file you just downloaded
- Click Upload. Do not interrupt the upgrade while the router does this step
- To avoid wireless disconnect issue during the firmware download process, NETGEAR recommends that firmware upgrade be performed on a computer with wired connection.
About Router Firmware:
Before you consider downloading this firmware, go to the system information page of the router and make sure that the currently installed version isn’t either newer or matching this release.
Due to the large variety of router models and different methods for upgrading the device, it is highly recommended that you read and, above all, understand the installation steps before you apply the new firmware, even if you are a power user.
In theory, these steps shouldn’t be much of a hassle for anyone, because manufacturers try to make them as easy as possible, even if they don’t always succeed. Basically, you must upload the new firmware to the router through its administration page and allow it to upgrade.
If you install a new version, you can expect increased security levels, different vulnerability issues to be resolved, improved overall performance and transfer speeds, enhanced compatibility with other devices, added support for newly developed technologies, as well as several other changes.
If you’re looking for certain safety measures, remember that it would be best if you perform the upload using an Ethernet cable rather than a wireless connection, which can be interrupted easily. Also, make sure you don’t power off the router or use its buttons during the installation, if you wish avoid any malfunctions.
If this firmware meets your current needs, get the desired version and apply it to your router unit; if not, check with our website as often as possible so that you don’t miss the update that will improve your device.
|ASUS RT-N12+ Router Firmware|
Important:- This version include lots of security fixed and change the authentication method.- After firmware updated, please press the reset button more than five seconds to reset the router to avoid some compatibility issues.Security fixes:- Fixed User-A
|Peplink Balance 20 Router Firmware|
Important Notices for Firmware 6.2.1 - Internal Network Firewall Rules Will Need to Be Reconfigured: To increase protection for traffic running between internal networks, Firmware 6.2.1 introduces the new “Internal Network Firewall Rules” table
|Ubiquiti EdgeSwitch ES-16-XG Switch Firmware|
- Add MAC-based VLANs, the feature allow incoming untagged packets to be assigned to a VLAN based on the source MAC address of the packet. This type of VLAN is useful when a host might not always connect to the network through the same port
|ASUS RT-N65U Router Custom Firmware 18.104.22.168.088|
This package includes a customized firmware developed by Padavan that is targeted at some of ASUS’ routers. The present build brings new improvements, functions, bug fixes, and configurations, and can also boost the overall performance of the device.
|NETGEAR DST6501 Range Extender Firmware|
New Features and Enhancements- Improves the wireless performance for some wireless clients.Bug Fixes- Fixes the incorrect GUI display issues in Attached Device and Statistics pages.- Fixes the multiple devices firmware update check issue.- Fixes the DST se