- The AP running 126.96.36.199 will support two modes of operation, Standalone mode and BCWM mode (or Business Central Wireless Manager Mode). By default BC mode (or Cloud managed mode) is enabled.
- Supports Configuration, management and monitoring from Netgear’ s Business Central portal
- Extra Device related Security including encrypted password.
- Default configuration will enable DHCP on Ethernet port, while in previous 2.x versions had DHCP disabled and static IP address of 192.168.0.100 set.
- Fixed wireless stability issues.
- Secure password, if admin password is factory default “password”, on first login, software will force to create non-factory-default password.
- In case of Business Central managed Mode, password is set at location level rather than on the local AP GUI.
- Downgrade not possible without a factory reset.
- 11NA mode throughput fluctuates in some noisy environments.
- Not able to disable the DHCPV6 server when hotSpot is enabled.
- In cloud Mode, AutoRf may not choose the optimum channel. If needed, customer can manually assign channels.
- First time, you upgrade it takes about 8 minutes to encrypt all passwords and boots completely.
About Access Point Firmware:
If you update the Access Point (AP) firmware, your device can benefit from changes that fix multiple issues encountered by wireless clients, correct different user interface problems, add various functionalities, and include support for newly developed protocols.
Before performing this task, we recommend that you read and understand all the installation steps, because there are many AP models and manufacturers available. Each producer strives to make the procedure as simple as possible, but there are cases when it’s anything but that.
It is also advisable that you apply a new access point firmware in a steady power environment (UPS unit will satisfy this need), using an Ethernet cable rather than a wireless connection. The latter can be easily interrupted.
With this in mind, if you wish to apply this version, click the download button and install the package on your access point. Remember to check back with our website as often as possible so that you don’t miss a single new release.