Fixed Movie Trailer functionality - changed api for Movie Trailers
- 3 Dec 2015 Trailer Play functionality broken again due to changes on external Trailer Server that are totally out of our control)
- To update the Movie Trailer Links on an existing collection
- Navigate to Favourites screen and focus on the Movie JukeBox Icon and press the 'Menu' button on the remote and select option 'Add Trailers' and the firmware will update all the existing trailers to the new api.
- This can take some time depending on the quantity of movies in the collection.
- The new trailer embed player has no explicit auto play on load command, unlike YouTube. So the main code has to wait for 3 seconds, and then sends a separate play command. If you have slow access to the trailer server that may be too quick, leaving the display stuck showing the Play button. You will find a Trailer Timeout setting on the last page of setup. You can make that longer to compensate.
- Fixed Music Playlist Crash
- Fixed GUI image problem when return from TV Series play
- All Hard drives must have a unique name for correct functionality with V4 firmware. Connect the Hard Drive to your Windows PC and in My Computer right click the Drive icon and you can give the Hard Drive a name. Remember that each drive must have a unique name example Hard Drive1, Hard Drive2 etc etc
- Win7, 8, 8.1 users - Safe Removal is incompatible with the linux NTFS code. Instead use Utility to Eject the Mede8er (or shared external USB drive).
- Vanishing files and un-mountable partitions can occur as a result of using Safe Removal. Those should get fixed by using slave mode, running chkdsk and removing the player using the USB Disk Ejector tool.
- You can save you config to a USB Stick and restore the configuration once you have installed the new firmware. Setup --> Misc ---> Save Config
- Use a USB Stick that is formatted fat32 in Windows PC.
- Download the latest Mede8er Firmware.
- UnZIP or UnRAR or join with HJ Split and will find one file named install.img.
- Copy this file to the root directory of a Flash Drive.
- Plug the flash drive into the Mede8er.
- Unplug the power to the X3D.
- Plug the power jack back in and then hold the ON/OFF button on the Mede8er (not the remote) down for 15sec and then release.
- After the firmware has been checked (+-5-10sec) it will start to update.
- You will see the update progress on your TV.
- Do not remove power during the Firmware Update procedure .
About Media Player Updates:
Installing a firmware update for your Media Player improves the general user experience by adding new features, fixing bugs, and enhancing the compatibility of your device, in order to play various formats of audio and video content.
By updating your Media Player, you can actually prolong the device’s life because, this way, it will be in sync with the new industry standards for content creation.
However, the process of updating your device is a risky one if not done according to strict instructions, such as: make sure that the firmware you have downloaded is compatible with your device, and don’t interfere with the player during the update process.
The most common method of upgrading your Media Player is by using a USB stick or update DVD. Although this process is very straightforward, each device has certain particularities that you must take into account.
If you consider using this update for your Media Player, feel free to click the download button, install the firmware and enjoy. Check out our website as often as possible to keep your Media Player up to date with the latest software and firmware.