- SSL Certificate Expiring on Previous AP Firmware: Once the SSL certificate expires, the captive portals of older Firmware will trigger browser warning messages. This can be prevented by upgrading your APs to Firmware 3.5.2.
- Upgrade APs to 3.5.2 Before Upgrading to 6.2.1: When running Peplink Router Firmware 6.2.1, Peplink routers will be unable to upgrade APs running 3.5.0 or below using upgrade packs. If you are using a Peplink router to manage APs running 3.5.0 or below, please upgrade APs to Firmware 3.5.2 before upgrading your Peplink router.
- Interface Overhaul: Firmware 3.5.2 has significant changes to its user interface, with several features moved to different locations. Please refer to the latest AP Firmware manual If you need to find out where a feature has been moved.
- Use InControl 2 to configure and customize a captive portal per SSID. Guests can connect using Facebook, Open Access, Guest Accounts, or with a Token.
- Pepwave Access Points now support usage quotas by bandwidth in addition to usage quotas by time.
- SSID: For increased security, the default SSID has been changed from “open” to WPA2. The last 8 hex digits of the device’s LAN MAC address is the passphrase.
- SSID: After an extended period of operation, client devices fail to associate to an SSID using WPA2 Enterprise authentication.
About Access Point Firmware:
If you update the Access Point (AP) firmware, your device can benefit from changes that fix multiple issues encountered by wireless clients, correct different user interface problems, add various functionalities, and include support for newly developed protocols.
Before performing this task, we recommend that you read and understand all the installation steps, because there are many AP models and manufacturers available. Each producer strives to make the procedure as simple as possible, but there are cases when it’s anything but that.
It is also advisable that you apply a new access point firmware in a steady power environment (UPS unit will satisfy this need), using an Ethernet cable rather than a wireless connection. The latter can be easily interrupted.
With this in mind, if you wish to apply this version, click the download button and install the package on your access point. Remember to check back with our website as often as possible so that you don’t miss a single new release.