This utility updates the DVDirect VRD-MC6 system software and provides support to record AVCHD video footage taken with Cyber-shot digital cameras using a USB connection or Memory Stick Duo media.
How to install the DVDirect System Software Update
- Ensure the DVDirect drive is powered on.
On the DVDirect drive, press the "RETURN" button to display the "Menu" screen.
- Insert the memory card or CD-R/RW containing the "SNDH8U66.DA3" file into the DVDirect drive.
- AT the "Menu" screen, press the "down arrow" button until "Setup" is selected, then press "ENTER".
- AT the "Setup" screen, press the "up arrow" button until "System Info" is selected, then press "ENTER".
- At the "System Info" screen, the current revision is displayed, select "OK" to update, and then press "ENTER".
- At the "System Info" screen, the current revision is displayed along with the version to be installed, select "OK" to confirm, and then press "ENTER".
The update will start and read "Upgrading firmware... This will take about 15min" in the display.
IMPORTANT: Do not turn off the drive or remove the software update media during the update process.
- After the update is complete, the DVDirect drive will automatically restart and become ready for use.
Note: When using CD-R/RW media, the update disc will load and display the message "Unavailable disc inserted. Insert a compatible disc.". Please disregard this message and remove the disc from the drive.
The installation of the DVDirect System Software Update is complete.
About DVD Player Firmware:
Firmware updates fix device bugs, add new features and renew the player’s software in order to meet new industry standards. Therefore it is not always necessary to purchase a new product in order to stay up to date with current technology.
Upgrading your device is not necessarily of paramount importance, as the device will function without daily updates. This being said, keeping your device up to date may offer you a more satisfying experience while using it.
The most common ways to update your DVD player’s firmware are by using an update DVD, a USB memory stick or, if your player has network connectivity, you can use the internet to automatically download and install the new update.
During the firmware update process, do not interfere with the device in any way because this may cause the player to malfunction. If you are using a DVD for the update, make sure that it is clean and without scratches.
Although updating your DVD player gives you a lot of useful perks, it should be done cautiously because any deviation from the instructions may cause irreparable damage to your device.
If you intend to apply this firmware update, please make sure first that it is compatible with your device, then hit the download button and follow the instructions for a successful operation. Moreover, check out our website as often as possible for new updates, in order to keep your device running smoothly.
|Other Windows Software of Developer «Sony»:|
» show all