WinSCP is a freeware SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol), FTP (File Transfer Protocol) and SCP (Secure Copy) client for Windows using SSH (Secure Shell). Its main function is safe copying of files between a local and a remote computer. Beyond this basic function, WinSCP manages some other actions with files.
What is new in this release:
- Translations completed: Brazilian Portuguese, Finnish, Kabyle and Ukrainian.
- Lots of usability improvements and bug fixes.
What is new in version 5.9.1:
- Translations completed: Catalan, Swedish and Polish.
- Several files can be opened in editor at once using their paths.
What is new in version 5.9:
- Significantly improved WinSCP look and feel in large font / high DPI environments
- Improved transfer speed with SFTP and SCP protocols
- Automatic WinSCP updates (only for donors)
- Support for authentication with TLS/SSL client certificates
- Dual code signing binaries with both SHA-1 and SHA-256
- Custom commands can be distributed in a form of configurable WinSCP extension
- WinSCP script template or WinSCP .NET assembly code template can be generated in GUI
- Switch -latest for get and put commands to transfer the latest file only
What is new in version 5.7.7:
- TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.0.1s.
- Upgraded private key tools (PuTTYgen and Pageant) to 0.67.
- Dual code signing binaries with both SHA-1 and SHA-256.
- Bug fix: Failure when Progress window closes (transfer finishes) while Once done drop down menu is opened.
- Bug fix: Too long automatic bug reports were rejected.
- Bug fix: File masks with time constraints do not work with remote WebDAV files.
- Bug fix: Installation fails when there is no user Start menu.
What is new in version 5.7.6:
This release adds Spanish translation, improves operoperability with several SFTP and FTP servers ad fixes several bugs.
What is new in version 5.7.5:
This release adds Catalan translation, implements RFC 4419 revision to Diffie-Hellman group exchange, and fixes various OpenSSL vulnerabilities.
What is new in version 5.7.4:
- Translations completed: French and Ukrainian.
- TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.0.1o.
- Recognizing UTF-8 encoded localized German month names in FTP
LIST command results.
- Bug fix: Relative path of find results is shown incorrectly when finding from root folder.
- Bug fix: Failure when switching sessions with session log window opened.
- Bug fix: Session and log file information on Log window is not updated when switching session.
- Bug fix: Reference to parent WebDAV directory shows incorrectly when a name of the current folder includes special characters.
- Bug fix: History of some inputs is not saved.
- Bug fix: Incorrect behavior when retrying connection after listing of initial remote directory fails.
- Bug fix: When panel drive/path comboxes box do not cover whole toolbar height, the change Drive/Directory command do not work.
What is new in version 5.7.3:
- Using FTP command SIZE in binary mode.
- Optionally determining local file icon by extension only.
- Ensuring that sessions to be opened in a new window does not get actually opened back in the existing window.
- Bug fix: SFTP transfers fail occasionally.
- Bug fix: Controls occasionally do not align correctly after restoring maximized window from minimization.
- Bug fix: Embedded session is not opened.
- Bug fix: SCP session breaks when an output includes a null character.
- Bug fix: Error retrieving file attributes with FTP protocol when the path is given with trailing slash.
- Bug fix: Sort arrow was shown on unsortable Find dialog.
- Bug fix: File mask with size constraint over 4 GB does not work.
- Bug fix: When dragging files from local panel to local tree, status bar is not updated.
- Bug fix: Local directory tree does not show newly created folder.
- Bug fix: Local directory tree stops reflecting changes after creating new folder.
- Bug fix: Failure when HTTPS WebDAV URL redirects to HTTP.
- Bug fix: Certificate validation fails, when HTTP WebDAV URL redirects to HTTPS.
- Bug fix: Some redirected WebDAVS connection error messages show original host name instead of the actual host name.
- Bug fix: WebDAVS certificate failure override for redirected session is stored for original host name.
- Bug fix: During file transfers on FTP servers that do not support MLSD command, file details are not provided on overwrite confirmation prompt and transfer progress is not shown correctly.
- Bug fix: Edit commands on all Internal editors reflect state of the currently focused editor, instead of their editor.
What is new in version 5.7.2:
- Reporting relative addresses in stack trace.
- Bug fix: SFTP/SCP transfers occasionally time out.
- Bug fix: Fail gracefully when internal command generated by WinSCP .NET assembly is too long.
- Bug fix: Failure when "downloading and deleting" an empty remote directory with .NET assembly.
- Bug fix: When overwriting configuration export, new configuration is appended, instead of replacing the previous export.
- Bug fix: When listing WebDAV directory using relative path, the listing includes a reference to the directory itself.
- Bug fix: Failure when pressing help icon while no control has focus.
- Bug fix: Failure when closing log window during activity.
- Bug fix: Incorrect encoding of SSH_FXP_REALPATH.
What is new in version 5.7.1:
This release fixes various OpenSSL and PuTTY vulnerabilities and other bugs.
What is new in version 5.7.0:
WinSCP 5.7 is a major release with almost 300 implemented improvements, including:
- WebDAV support.
- Further improved and simplified user interface with better GUI responsiveness.
- Ongoing foreground transfer can be moved to background transfer queue.
- Improved Synchronization checklist window, including an option to change synchronization direction for individual files.
- Improved working with session URL.
- Improvements to scripting, command-line and .NET assembly.
- Note field for site.
What is new in version 5.5.6:
This release fixes various OpenSSL vulnerabilities.