Bopup Messenger is a secure instant messenger designed to communicate over LAN, enterprise-size networks and Internet. This clear, easy to use and light-weight IM client offers a set of corporate features and answers most of the business needs you may have. With this messenger, you can easily connect users from all other offices and locations to one IM workspace and exchange files, urgent and extended messages with links, font and color formatting and emoticons, and can receive assigned files and directories from the IM server. Organize your personal contact list that is accessible to you from any workplace and see who is online and available to communicate among your contacts. Messaging and File Transfer are encrypted with strong algorithms so that personal and group conversations are safe and secure even if you send messages and files via the Internet. You will never lose any information you exchange because offline data are stored and automatically delivered by the server when the recipient goes online. No user experience and skills are needed to use the program. The smart and comfortable user interface with advanced usability options and popup notifications allows you to join the IM network in a few mouse clicks. The messenger completely supports the Terminal Server/Citrix environment and can be used simultaneously by multiple users on one computer. Bopup Messenger can automatically download and install updates from the IM server.
The centralized client/server architecture offers complete and flexible management for controlling your IM infrastructure. The central server logs all user activity and archives all messages and transfers with the reporting, search and printing options. It allows you to manage messaging groups, users' contact information and permissions to send and view other users, assign and distribute important files and documents to users. It is easy to import user accounts from your Active Directory (LDAP) and start an efficient Instant Messaging system right now. Several authentication modes are supported in the IM software: Simple (only matches Windows Login ID and IM account name on the server), Windows Authentication or private login ID (can be e-mail or any different name instead Windows Login ID) and password pair.
A client for Android platform is also available.
What is new in this release:
Version 6.8.6 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
What is new in version 6.8.3:
Version 6.8.3 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
What is new in version 6.7.3:
Version 6.7.3 added new menu item to Messages called Mark all as read. Incoming automated away messages are shown with small text.
What is new in version 6.7.2:
Version 6.7.2 added option to show date of messages within their time in conversations.
What is new in version 6.6.3:
Version 6.6.3 fixed issue with collapsed Message History window on a first startup of the messenger client.
What is new in version 6.5.7:
Added support to prevent sending messaging to users not from Contact List if appropriate option is set on the communication server.
What is new in version 6.5.4:
- Added option to log out (sign out) from the messenger client even Simple or Windows Authentication modes are used.
What is new in version 6.5:
- Added option to display time of messages in 12-hour clock format with AM/PM indicators.
- Added options that restrict changing text font, color and inserting smileys (emotions) to outgoing messages.
- Added option to block using 'message typing' sound in conversation dialogs.
- Many other improvements.
What is new in version 6.4.4:
- Option "Reply to group" is enabled by default on a "clear" installation.
- Improved pop up of the main window on reception of new messages.
- Fixed issue with scrollbar in a conversation dialog when no messages are shown.
- Fixed error on messenger startup when history contains favorite messages.
What is new in version 6.4.3:
- File Transfer dialog checks and allows to choose another folder to save incoming files if current directory already contains a data with the same names.
- Other fixes and improvements.
What is new in version 6.4:
- New style of displaying messages and file transfers in conversation dialogs.
- Empty break lines are automatically removed from the end of text messages.
Bopup Communication Server (IM server software)
Depends on a 45-day trial of the IM server